Author, journalist, blogger, filmmaker, critic, artist, and poet, focusing especially on issues of sex and pornography in the context of our larger society, couched in words “laden with humor, incisive insights, and titillating, winking bawdiness.”
- Tracy Queen, Volume 1. Missoula: Oneshi Press. April 1, 2019.
- Watching Porn: And Other Confessions of an Adult Entertainment Journalist. New York: The Overlook Press. June 6, 2017.
- “Closing the Pleasure Gap, One Vibrator at a Time.” https://playboy.com/read/dame-vibrators. August 29, 2019.
- “Why Won’t Silicon Valley Invest in Women’s Sex Tech?” https://www.playboy.com/read/why-won-t-silicon-valley-invest-in-women-s-sex-tech. April 26, 2018.
- “Loving the Algorithm: How the Future of Sex Lies in Artificial Intelligence.” https://www.playboy.com/read/loving-the-algorithm-how-the-future-of-sex-lies-in-artificial-intelligence. March 27, 2018.
- “Meet Erika Lust, the Swedish Pornographer Making Consent Sexy.” https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/meet-erika-lust-the-swedish-pornographer-making-consent-sexy-628480. May 15, 2018. (Editorial note added September 4, 2019.)
- “Weed Porn: How Two Taboos Became Popular Bedfellows.” https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/weed-porn-sex-pot-popular-bedfellows-w519616. April 28, 2018.
- “What Being a Makeup Artist in the Porn Industry Is Really Like.” https://www.allure.com/story/porn-industry-makeup-artists-interview. March 1, 2018.
- “The Most Innovative Sex Toys and Adult Products We Saw at the 2018 AVN Awards Expos.” https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-new-sex-toys-products-2018-avn-awards. February 16, 2018.
- “9 Things the Porn Industry Gets Right When It Comes to STIs.” https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a23778510/how-porn-stars-prevent-stds. October 19, 2018.
- “Your Partner Likes Porn, Too—Here’s What You Should Watch Together.”https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/g19179727/best-porn-for-couples. March 8, 2018.
- “9 Things That Changed Porn Forever, from the Dawn of the DVD to the Advent of Anal.” https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/vintage-porn-then-and-now. December 18, 2017.
- “What It’s Like to Have Macrophilia, or a Giant Woman Fetish.” https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/what-its-like-to-have-macrophilia-or-a-giant-woman-fetish. November 1, 2017.
- “Sex in America Is Incredibly Uptight.” https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb3eyb/sex-in-america-is-incredibly-uptight. October 24, 2017.
- “The Device That Makes Kegel Exercises Less Confusing and Boring.” Vice.com. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjvjbz/the-device-that-makes-kegel-exercises-less-confusing-and-boring. September 25, 2017.
- “15 Sex Workers on Why—And How—They Got Into the Business.” https://www.glamour.com/story/15-sex-industry-workers-in-their-own-words. December 6, 2017.
- “Free Porn Is Probably Not Feminist Porn—No Matter What It Looks Like.” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/bellesa-feminist-porn-piracy. September 25, 2017.
- “Why Did This Prestigious Porn Awards Show Take Away Its Plus-Size Category?” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/avn-awards-bbw-category-removed. September 21, 2017.
- “How Mainstream Porn Is Finally Making Room for Trans Performers.” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/mainstream-porn-transgender-performers. September 12, 2017.
- “How OK Is It to Cheer for the ‘Game of Thrones’ Incest Plot?” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/game-of-thrones-incest-plotline. August 30, 2017.
- “Does Mainstream Porn Have an Age Problem?” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/mainstream-porn-and-age. August 16, 2017.
- “Does Mainstream Porn Have a Race Problem?” Glamour.com. https://www.glamour.com/story/mainstream-porn-and-race. July 13, 2017.
- “‘Ultimate Surrender’ Is Where Porn and Professional Wrestling Meet.” https://melmagazine.com/ultimate-surrender-is-where-porn-and-professional-wrestling-meet-57fe665fff39. June 27, 2018.
- “Basic Sex: My Girlfriend Wants to Be Poly, I Don’t — What Now?” https://melmagazine.com/basic-sex-my-girlfriend-wants-to-be-poly-i-dont-what-now-172f063ab119. May 31, 2018.
- “How Do I Stop Worrying About Being Good at Sex?” https://melmagazine.com/how-do-i-stop-worrying-about-being-good-at-sex-747f939555ff. April 11, 2018.
- “Can Apps Really Help People Figure Out Sexual Consent?” https://melmagazine.com/can-apps-really-help-people-figure-out-sexual-consent-4f62ac360f26. January 26, 2018.
- “All the People We Gave Sex Advice To in 2017 (and What They Did with It).” https://melmagazine.com/all-the-people-we-gave-sex-advice-to-in-2017-and-what-they-did-with-it-678a8d2851f2. December 29, 2017.
- “Everything I Learned from Watching as Much Porn from Around the World as I Could.” https://melmagazine.com/everything-i-learned-from-watching-as-much-porn-from-around-the-world-as-i-could-2f6a274ed9d9. December 28, 2017.
- “Why Colombia Is Becoming the Webcamming Capital of the World.” https://melmagazine.com/why-colombia-is-becoming-the-webcamming-capital-of-the-world-70ce4a84f3fd. December 20, 2017.
- “In Turkey, Porn Isn’t Illegal, But That Hasn’t Stopped the Government from Trying to Block It.” https://melmagazine.com/in-turkey-porn-isnt-illegal-but-that-hasn-t-stopped-the-government-from-trying-to-block-it-804dce2aadea. December 13, 2017.
- “The Facial Recognition Software that Could End Revenge Porn.” https://melmagazine.com/the-facial-recognition-software-that-could-end-revenge-porn-3f802e90450e. December 11, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for People Whose Partners Won’t Shut Up About a Threesome.” https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-people-whose-partners-wont-shut-about-a-threesome-7a3e198265ce. December 5, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for People Who Are Their Own Best Partner in Bed.” https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-people-who-are-their-own-best-partner-in-bed-8d823e7e918e. November 14, 2017.
- “Australia’s Nationwide Attempt to Make Porn Ethically.” https://melmagazine.com/the-milfs-and-gilfs-who-start-making-porn-after-40-9b53debf3bb7. October 19, 2017.
- “The MILFs and GILFs Who Start Making Porn After 40.” https://melmagazine.com/the-milfs-and-gilfs-who-start-making-porn-after-40-9b53debf3bb7. October 9, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for Couples with a Depressed Partner.” https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-couples-with-a-depressed-partner-d3b84046a1b0. October 4, 2017.
- “The Israeli Porn Industry Attempts to Find Itself.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/the-israeli-porn-industry-attempts-to-find-itself-ec42a1d15839. September 13, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for Couples Who Are Looking for More than a No-Frills Quickie.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/the-israeli-porn-industry-attempts-to-find-itself-ec42a1d15839. September 6, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for People Whose Partners Want Way More Anal Than They Do.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-people-whose-partners-want-way-more-anal-than-they-do-17566ec75bd0. August 9, 2017.
- “Serving a Porn-Hungry Audience in a Country Where Porn Is Heavily Restricted.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/serving-a-porn-hungry-audience-in-a-country-where-porn-is-heavily-restricted-4c5c63e1e5f5. August 3, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for People Whose Meds are Messing Up Their Sex Lives.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-people-whose-meds-are-messing-up-their-sex-lives-d8ef4b08086d. July 12, 2016.
- “Alt Porn Is Taking Over Brazil, One Performer at a Time.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/alt-porn-is-taking-over-brazil-one-performer-at-a-time-8477ad439cfa. July 6, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for People Whose Partners Won’t Go Down on Them.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-people-whos-partners-won-t-go-down-on-them-fa6ff4cfe3a6. June 14, 2017.
- “Porn in a Place Where Sitting on Someone’s Face Is Illegal.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/porn-in-a-place-where-sitting-on-someones-face-illegal-6aad2528583. June 8, 2017.
- “A Sex Guide for Partners with Mismatched Libidos.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/a-sex-guide-for-partners-with-mismatched-libidos-e56afdc5f4d3. May 12, 2017.
- “The Newest Porn Economy Is in Nigeria.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/the-newest-porn-economy-is-in-nigeria-5890543fd561. May 11, 2017.
- “How American Porn Came to Rule the Industry.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/how-american-porn-came-to-rule-the-industry-5aa010c1a096. May 10, 2017.
- “What Happens When Your Internet Provider Knows Your Porn Habits?” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/this-is-what-happens-when-your-internet-provider-knows-which-porn-sites-you-visit-9273fd74d2df. April 5, 2017.
- “Kink Is Dead! Long Live Kink!” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/kink-is-dead-long-live-kink-8e34030f0d3e. March 22, 2017.
- “The Ejaculating Dildo: An Unexpected Journey.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/the-ejaculating-dildo-an-unexpected-journey-3e6f9cb72b5d. February 7, 2017.
- “Who’s Teaching the Next Generation of Pornographers?” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/whos-teaching-the-next-generation-of-pornographers-f037f1e6ad05. December 2, 2016.
- “Interlude at Standing Rock.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/interlude-at-standing-rock-84a464766939. November 7, 2016.
- “What Do Porn Directors Do When Somebody Farts on Set?” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/what-do-porn-directors-do-when-somebody-farts-on-set-93f8661ec462. October 6, 2016.
- “The Women Who Won the West.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/the-women-who-won-the-west-a145ff68aebb. September 16, 2016.
- “Trans Men Are Finally Getting Their Own Sex Toy.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/trans-men-are-finally-getting-their-own-sex-toy-ea4cbd1f9576. August 17, 2016.
- “PayPal Is Bringing Sexy Back.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/paypal-is-bringing-sexy-back-3a12ee2d3114. July 27, 2016.
- “Jacky St. James Blurs the Line Between Porn and Softcore.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/jacky-st-james-blurs-the-lines-between-porn-and-softcore-b045dedfbc24. June 28, 2016.
- ‘The ‘Susan Lucci of Porn’ Steps Out of the Shadows.” MEL Magazine. https://melmagazine.com/how-to-make-it-as-a-porn-director-d36d9c816b21. June 3, 2016.
- “What the Fascinating History of Porn Reveals About Human Sexuality.” Refinery29. http://www.refinery29.com/2017/06/157608/porn-videos-xxx-adult-film-history. June 6, 2017.
- “What Women Really Want in Their Porn.” Refinery29. March 25, 2016. http://www.refinery29.com/2016/03/106840/popular-porn-for-women.
- “Why Women Watch ‘Fauxcest’ Porn.” Refinery29. http://www.refinery29.com/2016/02/102833/fauxcest-women-porn-trend. February 2016.
- “We Can—& Should—Learn from How the Porn Industry Deals with Rape.” Refinery29. http://www.refinery29.com/2015/12/99292/james-deen-rape-feminism-debate December 2015.
Luna Luna Magazine
- “Which Labyrinth Zodiac Sign Are You?” Luna Luna Magazine. http://www.lunalunamagazine.com/dark/which-labyrinth-zodiac-sign-are-you. October 10, 2016.
- “Interview with Meg Ross, Founder of the Nooky Box.” Luna Luna Magazine. http://www.lunalunamagazine.com/blog/interview-meg-ross-nooky-box-sex. July 5, 2016.
- “Will Voters Re-Open Montana’s Closed Dispensaries?” Leafly. https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/will-voters-re-open-montanas-closed-dispensaries. October, 2016.
- “Inside the Montana Medical Marijuana Mess: One Patient’s Story.” Leafly. https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/inside-the-montana-medical-marijuana-mess-one-patients-story. July, 2016.
- “This Blacklisted Nude Model Inspired New York’s Most Famous Statues.” BUST Magazine. April/May print edition, 2016, and http://bust.com/arts/15968-audrey-munson.html.
- “After James Deen, How Can the Porn Industry Keep Performers Safe?” Bitch Media. https://bitchmedia.org/article/look-feminist-porn-and-consent-james-deen. December 2015.
- “Blowing the Budget: Feminist Porn Start-Ups Are Getting Spanked When It Comes to Finances.” Bitch Magazine. Print publication. http://bitchmagazine.org/issue/64. Fall 2014.
- “10 Tips for Texting About Sex (and Having the Kind You Want).” Autostraddle. https://www.autostraddle.com/10-tips-for-talking-about-sex-and-having-the-kind-you-want-335576/. April 26, 2016.
- “Dispatches from a Dark Corner.” Nerve.com. http://www.nerve.com/dispatches-from-a-dark-corner Ongoing.
- Interviews, advice columns, and articles at Luna Luna Mag. http://lunalunamag.com/author/lynseyg/. Ongoing.
- “What I Learned From Half a Decade Working in Porno Mags.” xoJane. http://www.xojane.com/sex/editor-in-chief-whack-magazine. November 2012.
- “The Conflicted Existence of the Female Porn Writer.” Bi-weekly column. McSweeney’s Internet Tendency: August 2009 – August 2010.
- “Autobiography, Patriarchy and Motherlessness in Frankenstein.” Essay. The Oswald Review. Fall 2004.
- “The Acquiescence of Motes (Purity).” The Seventh Wave Magazine. http://theseventhwave.co/the-acquiescence-of-motes-purity/ April 2016.
- “Fertility (Harvest).” The Doctor T. J. Eckleburg Review. http://thedoctortjeckleburgreview.com/product/poetry-fertility-harvest/ July 2015.
- “Sylphs (Purity)” and “No Shortage of Young Men (Beauty).” Thirteen Myna Birds. http://13myna.blogspot.com/ June 2015.
- “Chimera.” Stirring: A Literary Collection. http://www.sundresspublications.com/stirring/archives/v16/e11/griswoldl.htm Volume 16, Edition 11: November 2014.
- Three Monstrous Poems: “Behemoth,” “Monster Side,” and “Bête Rouge.” Poems. Menacing Hedge. http://www.menacinghedge.com/spring2014/entry-lynsey-g.php Spring 2014.
- “Broad Strokes.” Poem. SOUND Literary Magazine. http://soundlitmag.com/2013/12/20/broad-strokes-by-lynsey-g/ December 2013.
- Numerous poems. The Ampersand literary magazine. Fordham University, 2002 – 2005.
- “Sweat.” Narrative non-fiction essay. Corset Magazine. http://corsetmagazine.bigcartel.com/product/corset-magazine-issue-7-sex-around-the-world-digital July 2013.
- “Gravity.” Narrative non-fiction essay. TOSKA Magazine. https://toskamagazine.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/gravity-lynsey-g/ January 2013.
- “What We’ve Given Back.” Contributing writer. Conversations at the Wartime Café. Sean Labrador y Manzano and Conversations at the Wartine Café and WODV. 2011.
- “Triple Vision.” The Whiskey Dregs. http://thewhiskeydregs.com/2009/07/08/triple-vision-by-lynsey-griswold/. July 2009.
- Expiration Dates. (Chap book.) New York: The Whiskey Dregs. 2010.
- “The Haircut.” Memoirs of Meanness. Ed. Sara McDermott & Melisssa McDermott. New York: Pergola Publishing. 2009.
Storytelling, Poetry Readings, and Other Performance
- Marathon drag king reading of The Outsiders. Featured reader. Title:Point arts collective at The Silent Barn, Brooklyn, NY. October 5, 2014.
- Luna Luna Presents: SUMMER DEATH. Featured poet. Mellow Pages Library, Brooklyn, NY. September 25, 2014.
- Performed with The Poetry Brothel poetry and performance series. Multiple locations. New York City. 2010 – 2014.
- The New York City Poetry Festival. Featured poet. Governor’s Island, New York City. July 2012 and 2013.
- Spill! True Stories of Queer Sex, Desire, and Romance storytelling series. Featured storyteller. Fontana’s, New York City. July 2012 and May 2013.
- Patasola’s Parlor Reading and Performance Series. Featured poet. Happy Ending Lounge. New York City, April 2013.
- Poor Mouth Poetry Series. Featured poet. An Beal Bacht, New York City. July 2012.
- Titillating Tongues: NYC Erotica in Poetry & Prose reading series. Featured storyteller. Huron Club at the SoHo Playhouse. June 2012.
- Bare! True Stories of Sex, Desire, and Romance storytelling series. Featured storyteller. Union Hall, Brooklyn, NY. May 2012 and April 2014.
- Conversations at the Wartime Café reading series. Featured reader. Unnameable Books. Brookly, NY. September 2011.
- LitCrawl NYC 2011. Featured reader. Bluestockings Books. New York City. September 2011.
- Black Ink reading series by The Whiskey Dregs. Featured reader. Angels and Kings. New York City. April 2010.
- Nerd Nite NYC. “Swingers: A Socio-bio-evolu-theo-histor-ical-logical Look at Today’s Partner Swappers.” Presenter. October 2009.
Films, Installations, and Curatorial Work
- “Consent: Society.” Director/Producer. Installation. Cinekink Film Festival NY. 2013.
- “Consent: Morality,” special edit. Director/Producer. Short film. YANS & RETO art festival. Anthology Film Archives, New York, NY
- Porn Panel: A Discussion of Consent in Pornography with Cindy Gallop, Sarah Forbes, Tina Horn, Sinnamon Love, Dan Reilly, and Madison Young. Panel moderator. apexart nyc. New York City, April 2012.
- The Graduate XXX Film Screening. Screening and Q&A with Producer Dan Reilly. apexart nyc. New York City. April 2012.
- Consent. Art exhibition. Curator and Director/Producer of four short films. apexart nyc. New York City. March – May 2012.
- Gold Medal, Sexuality/Relationships, 2018 Independent Publisher Book Awards
- “Consent: Society.” Director/Producer. Honourable Mention. The Good for Her Feminist Porn Awards. April, 2013.
- The Bernice Kilduff and John J. White Prize for academic writing, Fordham University, May 2005.
- The Virginia Poe Prize for poetry, Fordham University, May 2005.
- My Orgasmic Life Podcast: “Porn—Our Personal Experience.” June 18, 2020.
- Tickle.Life Podcast: “Episode 7: Lynsey G and Swinging.” May 18, 2020.
- Sex With Timaree: “Lynsey G. Knows Way More About Porn Than You Do.” September 10, 2018.
- Sluts & Scholars Live Radio Show, August 24, 2018.
- The Dildorks. “Epsiode 56: Cliticism.” October, 2017.
- Teen Vogue. “What We Should Learn from Porn.” October 10, 2017.
- Tonic.vice.com: “How Much Porn Is Too Much Porn?” September 26, 2017.
- Playboy.com: “The Truth About Feminist Porn (And Whether You Should Pay For It).” July 27, 2017.
- Missoula Independent: “Lynsey G. Has Seen the Good, the Bad, and the Weird of Pornography. Let’s Talk About It.“ July 13, 2017.
- Ethical.Porn: “Ethical Porn Journalism — Q&A With Lynsey G.” June 30, 2017.
- Missoulian: “In ‘Watching Porn,’ a female writer looks inside the industry.“ June 22, 2017.
- Unbound Box: “Yes, Porn Can Be Feminist: An Interview with Lynsey G.“ June 20, 2017.
- Glamour.com: “So How Realistic is Porn Actually?“ June 11, 2017.
- Sex Out Loud Radio with Tristan Taormino: “Watching Porn with Lynsey G.“ June 9, 2017.
- Kirkus Reviews: “10 Buzzworthy Books from Memoirists and Essayists.”
- Refinery29: “What the Fascinating History of P0rn Reveals About Human Sexuality.”
- The Strand: “A Feminist Look at Adult Entertainment.”
- HeatStreet: “Leading Porn Writer Insists Trump Presidency Threatens Future of Sex Industry.”
- New York Daily News: “Porn journalist spills the dirty details of the on-camera sex industry in tell-all book.”
- “Ethical Porn with Lynsey G.” Foreword Reviews. March 30, 2017.
- The Porno Jim Show. Radio guest appearance. Radio Free Brooklyn. November 2015.
- Popaganda (podcast by Bitch Media). Interview and article excerpt. September 2014.
- Velvet Radio. Guest appearance. New York City. August 2012.
- “Talking About Porn With the People Who Make It.” The L Magazine. April 2012.
- “Let’s Talk About Porn.” Starring NYC. April 2012.
- “Tribeca Gallery apexart Prepares Porn Exhibition.” ArtInfo.com. March 2012.
- The Black Ink Interviews. The Whiskey Dregs. March 2010.
- Lynn Comella in Porn Studies: “Watching porn: and other confessions of an adult entertainment journalist.”
- The New York Times Book Review: “New in Memoir: Looking for Fulfilling Work in the Gig Economy.”
- Brief Take: “Watching P0rn Review.”
- Bust Magazine: 4-Boob Review in the June/July print edition of Bust.
- Anna B. Volk: “Watching P0rn Review.”
- Kirkus Reviews. April 15, 2017 edition.
- KirkusReviews.com. April 4, 2017.
- Foreword Reviews. March 15, 2017.
City College of New York, CUNY. Publishing Certificate Program. GPA 4.0. Expected completion May 2013.
Oglala Lakota College. Lakota Oral Literature and History. Continuing education, no degree. 2006.
Fordham University. BA cum laude, 2001 – 2005. Major: English Literature. Minor: Philosophy.
Freelance Journalist, 2009 – present
- Write on a freelance basis on matters of sex, kink, adult entertainment, and more.
Luna Luna Magazine 2013 – 2016
- Wrote biweekly articles on feminism and sex, and a sex-and-relationship advice column.
Copyeditor and proofreader, freelance 2013 – present
- Copyedit and proofread book-length projects and short stories for numerous clients on a freelance basis.
The Berkley Publishing Group, Penguin Group (USA), New York, NY 2013 – present
Assistant Production Editor, Berkley Sensation
- Copyedit and proofread all materials for book covers as they are created by the copy and art departments.
- Oversee the process of cataloguing new books with the Library of Congress.
- Handle freelance copyediting and proofreading of books.
- Quality control check e-books.
The Berkley Publishing Group, Penguin Group (USA), New York, NY 2011 – 2013
Managing Editorial Assistant
- Oversaw and managed multiple departments’ efforts to produce bound galleys for publicity and marketing use.
- Collated, coded, troubleshot, and logged all freelance invoices for Berkley and associated imprints.
- Assisted the Executive Managing Editor with meetings, scheduling, routing materials, and other tasks.
- Aided Assistant Production Editors and Managing Editors with cover copy, slugs, and other editorial tasks.
- Sent all applicable books to the Library of Congress on a monthly basis.
The Woman’s POV 2010 – 2011
Freelance writer and reviewer
- Wrote reviews and op-eds, and conducted interviews for publication.
WHACK! Magazine (online) 2009 – 2012
- Hired, managed, and scheduled all staff writers, oversaw editing, formatting, and publication of all articles.
- Wrote articles once a week or more, including op-eds; interviews; and reviews of events, products, and books.
- Conducted video, e-mail, and phone interviews with numerous adult entertainment personalities, becoming the “face” of WHACK! Magazine online and at industry events.
Magna Publishing, New York, NY 2008 – 2012
- Wrote up to 15 sets of copy per month, averaging 600 words each, for two magazines.
Troubl Magazine (online—now defunct) 2008
- Wrote at least one feature article per week on topics of culture, science, and politics.
Montcalm Publishing, New York, NY 2007 – 2009
- Wrote about five reviews per month, 500 words each, for adult DVDs.
The Drawing Workshop, Chicago, IL 2006 – 2007
- Modeled for figure drawing classes and workshops
Fordham University Press, Bronx, New York 2003-2005
Assistant to the Editorial Director – Internship
- Assisted the editorial director with mailings, internet research, screening manuscripts, and proofing copy.
- Kept up good rapport with high-profile scholars, authors, editors of book series, and manuscript readers.
- Designed and maintained a database following the status of book projects to streamline the editorial process.
Other Employment History
City College Writing Center, New York, NY 2010 – 2011
- Tutored City College undergraduate and graduate students on written assignments for many subjects.
- Helped address writing issues ranging from grammar to spelling to punctuation to subject-verb and tense agreement to structural and organizational issues.
- Worked with a wide range of ESL and learning-disabled students from numerous disciplines.
- Counseled students on strategies for organizing outlines, paragraphs, and essays.
Skadden-Arps Legal Studies Program at City College of New York 2010 – 2011
- Helped pre-law students with their papers for all classes: helped brainstorm, outlined, helped with drafting and editing.
- Instructed students with English as a second language in basic grammar and writing techniques.
Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge, South Dakota 2005-2006
Volunteer Teacher’s Aide, Bus Driver, Drama Club sponsor
- Planned and taught lessons for kindergarten and preschool in a Montessori-style classroom.
- Counseled, disciplined, and monitored 37 students, deriving skill in handling stress and conflict.
- Directed and produced a high school theatrical production as co-head of the Drama Club.
- Acquired a CDL to drive school bus before and after school and to extracurricular events.