I woke up sick today, for no apparent reason. Not like “I have a cold” sick, either. Like, “I am so exhausted mentally and emotionally that I am breaking down physically” sick. So I am watching Netflix and collecting links to share with you instead of writing a blog post. Deal with it.
1) Tomorrow, October 21, is the fourth annual International Fisting Day! Celebrate! Learn all about safe, consensual, enjoyable, life-changing (according to some people I know!) fisting through the resources and links at fistingday.com!
2) Some good world news? It’s hard to believe, but it looks very hopeful that the 200+ Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped in April by Boko Haram will be returned soon! The Nigerian government has declared a ceasefire with the terrorists, too, which… I hope… is a good thing.
3) Go buy my dear friend (and editor at Luna Luna) Lisa Marie Basile’s new full-length poetry collection, Apocryphal. It is getting majorly incredible reviews. It is majorly incredible. GO BUY IT.
4) Check out these gorgeous photos from “BUTCH,” the photo project by Meg Allen depicting women expressing their masculinity. Oh man. So many crushes. So much bravery and beauty.
5) Fatphobia: 5 Facts and a Guide for the Disbeliever, by Kitty Stryker. Worth reading if you’re into body positivity or if you don’t believe it’s necessary.
6) Did you know it takes twenty to thirty minutes, on average, for a woman to become fully turned on via clitoral stimulation, and actually, legitimately orgasmic? It does. Go read this. Be educated. Spread the word.
“The point being that few women are even turned on before they get fucked. Most are getting a few minutes of clumsy clit stim, a few licks from a dry tongue or harsh finger banging. The moment there’s a small amount of lubrication, many lovers dive into the vagina going for a home run. No wonder sex therapists emphasize foreplay and no wonder faked orgasms far out number real ones.”
7) And! Watch this video because it makes some excellent points and because it’s a great relief to know that there are people out there in the world who think more about he movie Labyrinth than you do.