Sometimes I fall into the all-too-common trap of not wanting to sound like a broken record of self-promotion. I mean, not that I want to be that guy who’s constantly promoting himself. But this is my website. I’m allowed to promote, right?
And to be honest, right now I don’t have a lot of time for writing new material. I was getting all bummed about that fact, but then I realized, “Hey, I have a lot of writing out there that people might not even know about! They can read that!”
So here, folks. Check out some of my poetry and prose work!
1. “Three Monstrous Poems” published this spring in Menacing Hedge. They’re about being a monster, a theme that seems to come up a lot in my poetry.
2. “Broad Strokes” published last December in Sound literary magazine.
1. “Gravity” published last January in TOSKA magazine. It’s poetic-ish prose and I’m very proud of it.
2. “Sweat,” a personal essay published last year in Corset magazine. (This doesn’t actually link to the essay. You need to purchase the magazine. It’s good, I promise!)
3. “The Conflicted Existence of the Female Porn Writer,” my long-ago column for McSweeney’s Internet Tendency. There are 17 of them, and though I was quite naive when I wrote them, I’m still very proud of them all.