Well. It’s happened. My book has been unleashed on the world! Watching Porn has been getting attention from all over the place, from radio shows to live events to the pages of magazines and the screens of the Internet! Meanwhile, I’ve been busy working on articles! Without further ado, here’s the latest from the world of Lynsey G. and Watching Porn and MEL Magazine!
- I’ll be appearing on the first incarnation of the new “Porno Jim Show” tonight, June 8, on City World Radio Network! Porno Jim and I will talk about the book, porn, and whatever else pops up. We’ll be taking calls from 10:00 – 11:00 pm EDT, LIVE! Tune in and give us a call!
- Tomorrow night, June 9, I’ll be on Sex Out Loud Radio with Tristan Taormino! We prerecorded this conversation about the book, covering everything from my history with porn to my infamous run-in with Ron Jeremy. Listen to the show when it airs at 8:00 pm EDT, or listen to the podcast version later!
- Refinery29 published an excerpt from Watching Porn from my chapter on why most of us can’t—and don’t—avoid smut. “What the Fascinating History of Porn Reveals about Human Sexuality“
- There’s a four-boob review of Watching Porn the June/July issue of Bust Magazine, on shelves now! (And, with the gorgeous and smart and wonderful Amanda Stenberg on the cover, who could resist?)
- And there’s an interesting…erm… interpretation of one of the last paragraphs of the book over at HeatStreet. Apparently insistent that Trump will destroy the whole sex industry. A bit of a head-scratcher, but, uh…Enjoy?
- And! I’m so excited to report that my latest article is now up at MEL Magazine! I talked to a bunch of experts and pornographers in Great Britain about the state of the porn industry there. Wow did I learn a lot about the U.K.’s long and continuing history of censorship, from squirting to dogging and back again! A nibblet: “[Dogging’s] rampant popularity on PornHub is the culmination of a long history of the British porn industry making the best of a bad situation, and it speaks volumes about the current state of pornography in Great Britain.” Read the rest here!
- If you weren’t able to make it to the launch party/panel discussion of feminism and porn at the Strand book store on June 6, good news! You can watch the full panel, featuring yours truly, Sinnamon Love, Mahx Capacity, Cindy Gallop, and Lisa Vandever at the Strand’s YouTube channel! (Or here, since I’m pasting it below.)