Hello, darlings! Meet me tonight at Shakespeare & Co. in Missoula for a live reading and book signing! I’ll be reading from the book starting around 7:00 pm, answering questions, signing hardcovers of Watching Porn, and hopefully drinking wine. Can’t wait to see you there!
The event was prefaced by this rad, thoughtful, and thorough writeup by Cory Walsh in The Missoulian newspaper! We chatted earlier this week over kombucha about the book, and wow, did Cory ever capture the heart of our conversation! He covered everything from my fears about releasing the book to my cleverness in disguising an informative text as a memoir, and watching him dance around the terminology that he couldn’t print in the family-oriented newspaper is pretty entertaining.
I also had a long chat with Unbound Box, a really fabulous startup that’s making sexy subscription boxes and original content, about whether the women in porn are okay or not, how silly it is to put a lot of pressure on whether the orgasms on screen are real or not, and how to be an ethical, feminist consumer of smut.
There’s also a new review of Watching Porn up at BriefTake, which is not glowing but not bad, either. I guess I used Jenna Haze’s name too many times? Whatever. I love Jenna Haze and I will not apologize!
And, in the meantime, other people’s work keeps blowing me away with its awesomeness! A smattering:
- Send your submissions of comics, guest art, and advertisements to Oneshi Press for consideration for our next comics anthology! You keep ownership of your material…and we pay!
- From Girl on the Net, an in-depth and very thought-provoking examination of the question: How Did Pornhub Become Synonymous With Porn?
- Great stuff by Lux Alptraum at The New York Times (go, Lux!): What Americans Get Wrong About Porn
- And this is just about the most fascinating thing I’ve seen in ages and it brings up soooo many questions for me: This 24-Year Old Japanese Porn Star Looks Like a Child
- Also, um, did you know that David Bowie did an x-rated horror movie in the sixties? Well he did. And you can watch it.
- Also, consider supporting this book on Kickstarter! Need a reason? Gorgeous nudes of some of your favorite sexy stars!